What Does Sweating Tell You About Your Health?
Sweating is a normal thing that we have to deal with every day. The more you live in a tropical country like us, the environment around you or the activities you do each day will provoke you to sweat differently. But in what way does sweating signal you should pay attention to your health at โปรโมชั่น ufabet
Interesting facts about sweat
Sweat is a form of waste that is excreted from the sweat glands through the skin. To help reduce body temperature down. The main components are water and salt. It usually appears mainly on the face, armpits, palms and soles. As for the causes that cause sweating from many factors, including
- Increased temperature inside or outside the body It is considered the main cause of sweating.
- Emotional states can also contribute to sweating, such as anger, fear, stress, anxiety, or embarrassment.
- Eating certain types of food, such as spicy food Caffeinated beverages, tea, coffee, soda or alcoholic beverages which encourages sweating while eating
- physical illnesses such as cancer, fever, infection low blood sugar Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Use of certain medications, such as fever reducers, pain relievers, or morphine Medicine for the treatment of hypothyroidism (Synthetic Thyroid Hormones)
- Being in menopause, or menopause, is a period of hormonal changes associated with menstruation. which stimulates sweating Therefore, it can be observed that menopausal women tend to sweat at night. or have hot flashes and sweating
The daily amount of sweat excreted from the body varies from person to person.
Volumes may range from less than 1 liter to several liters. It depends on the activity during the day and the weather. For example, office workers in cool buildings tend to sweat less than workers working outside in hot climates. exercise or doing strenuous activities Will cause you to sweat more than usual. In addition, the amount of sweat also depends on the number of sweat glands in the body. Those in their teens sweat more easily than other ages. Because this is when these glands work at their full potential. And men’s sweat glands tend to work more than women’s.
Another problem that comes from sweat is inevitable, it’s the matter of unpleasant smell. The odor doesn’t come directly from sweat. It is caused by bacteria on the skin reacting with the acid in sweat to become body odor. (Bromhidrosis), which is a common problem in young people And men tend to smell more easily than girls because they have more sweat glands. therefore producing a lot of sweat There are also other factors that cause body odor easily, such as being overweight. Eating spicy food or alcohol taking certain medications such as antidepressants (Antidepressants) or certain diseases
How does sweat indicate health?
The stickiness and unpleasant smell of sweat make many people feel so frustrated that they don’t want to sweat. But if you can’t sweat at all out only at night Or even going out too much at any given time may be an abnormal signal that you should be aware of. because it is often a hidden health problem The most common abnormal sweating conditions are:
Lack of sweat (Anhidrosis)
It is a condition in which the body is unable to produce sweat normally. It may cause the body to accumulate heat too high. Which will risk developing diseases caused by heat such as heat cramps (Heat Cramp), heat exhaustion from prolonged exposure to the sun or heat causing exhaustion , heat stroke and It can be fatal when the body temperature rises above 40 degrees Celsius because the body is unable to release heat with sweat in time.
Lack of sweat can occur in all parts of the body or only in certain areas. The cause is caused by many factors such as severe skin injuries. certain diseases or medications Certain conditions that damage the nervous system, dehydration or even heredity. which affects the functioning of the sweat glands The treatment must be considered from the main cause that causes this condition. to be completely cured